Posted by InspirationalFreethought
1. You cannot make a coherent, intelligible argument for your beliefs.
2. You don’t even attempt to do (1).
3. You are willing to let any part of your holy book become “metaphor” if that part looks morally upsetting.
4. You are willing to let any part of your holy book become “metaphor” if scientific discoveries contradict it.
5. You believe all that matters in your religion is charity and good works.
6. You think multiple religions can be true.
7. You don’t really believe in the miracles of your religion.
8. You don’t really believe in the afterlife (and how your religion says you can get there).
9. You mainly stay in your religion to reap the benefits of community and the feeling that there is something greater than you.
10. You have serious doubts about what you’ve been told by a religious leader (rabbi, priest, etc.)
11. You prioritize things in your life as if your religion isn’t true.